Know Your Eye Type
Only an eye doctor can evaluate all the factors that make your eyes unique. The shape, health and vision quality of your eye all play a role in determining the ideal solution for you. Please schedule an appointment with the eye experts at Edina Eye to ensure you’re making the best choice for your eye health.
- Normal Eye – The cornea and lens focus light like a camera to form an image on the retina at the back of the eye. The cornea, where light enters the front of the eye, provides about two-thirds of the eye’s focusing power, the lens inside the eye provides the other third.
- Myopia (Nearsightedness) – In nearsighted eyes, the cornea is too steep in relation to the length of the eye. This causes light to focus at a point before the retina, resulting in blurry distance vision and sometimes blurry near vision.
- Hyperopia (Farsightedness) – In farsighted eyes, the cornea is too flat in relation to the length of the eye. This causes light to focus at a point beyond the retina, resulting in blurry close vision and sometimes blurry distance vision.
- Astigmatism – In astigmatism, the image is not evenly focused to a single point in front of the retina. Additionally, the light rays are divided into two parts that focus along two lines that are different distances from the retina, which causes blurring.
Let an Eye Expert Help Decide Which Contacts Are Right for You
There are two general categories of contact lenses – soft and rigid gas permeable (RGP). RGP lenses provide superior clarity, while soft lenses offer excellent comfort. Hybrid lenses give you the best qualities of each.
Soft, flexible material is breathable, allowing oxygen to reach the cornea.
- Easier to adjust to and more immediately comfortable than rigid gas permeable lenses
- New lens materials enhance oxygen flow to your eye
- Ideal for part-time use
Rigid Gas Permeable Lens
Durable material resists deposit buildup and typically provides clearer vision.
- Longer-wearing product
- Less expensive over time
- Easier to handle
- Less likely to tear
- Ideally should be worn every day for your eye’s conditioning
Soft/Rigid Gas Permeable Hybrid Lens
Combines the superior vision of a rigid gas permeable lens with the comfort of a soft contact lens.
- Center of lens is rigid gas permeable material for visual clarity
- Outer skirt is soft lens material for comfort
Some Severe Eye Problems Can Be Easily Avoided
The misuse of cosmetics is one of the leading sources of eye problems in young women, leading to several common, but severe problems. Keeping hands, face and brushes clean is the critical first step in avoiding an adverse reaction. Young people should also follow recommended guidelines for safe cosmetics use.
- Eye allergies
- Eye infection
- Eye injury
- Eye irritation
- Dryness of the eye
- Deposits on the lens
- Use non-scented, hypoallergenic cosmetics
- Don’t borrow cosmetics or lend your cosmetics to others
- Avoid mascara refills requiring you to use your old applicator
- Avoid frosted, pearlized, iridescent and glittery eye shadow which may contain ground oyster shells or tinsel
- Wash your hands before inserting or removing your contact lenses
- Apply makeup after inserting the contact lenses
- Wash all makeup application brushes frequently
- Do not apply eyeliner to the inner edge of the lid
- Do not apply eyeliner above the lash line on the lower lid
- Do not use loose powder on the face
- Do not apply creams too close to the eyes
- Do not apply eye makeup while in motion or while driving
- Do not use water or saliva to lubricate an applicator or thin cosmetics
- Do not apply cosmetics if your eyes are irritated, red, or swollen
Your Ideal Combination of Quality and Value
To say your eyes are priceless is an understatement. At Edina Eye we focus on the health of your eyes and the quality of your vision and help you maximize both with the area’s ultimate medical procedures. Our pricing is competitive in the immediate term and exceptional in the long term.
Contact Lens General Pricing
Individual contact lens manufacturers determine product prices. We are competitive with all other contact lens providers and stand behind every contacts lens we dispense.
- Online ordering
- Free trial lenses
- Exchange unopened unmarked boxes if your prescription changes in one year with free shipping to your home after the purchase of a year’s supply and diagnostic lenses supplied with fittings
Contact Lens Fitting Pricing
With Edina Eye, you can be sure you’ll receive the best contact lens prescription and fit for your own unique eyes. Our medical expertise and high standards of performance equate to a high level of visual clarity for our patients. We take care of our patients, and if your prescription changes within a year of your annual exam, we’ll make adjustments to your prescription free of charge. We’ll also exchange your unopened contacts for new ones. Make an appointment and you’ll clearly see all the Edina Eye differences.
- Charges include all tests necessary to fit that particular type of lens
- Patients may return as frequently as necessary before finalizing their contact lens prescription
- Fitting fees do not include the cost of the contact lenses