John P. O’Neill, M.D.
The newest member of Edina Eye Physicians & Surgeons, Dr. O’Neill specializes in comprehensive medical and surgical eye care including cataract and refractive surgery, glaucoma management, diabetic eye care and medical macular degeneration. He is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Department of Ophthalmology residency program where he served as chief resident. He performs the most up to date surgical procedures including refractive surgery (LASIK), conventional and laser-assisted cataract surgery including multifocal intraocular lens implantation. He is currently accepting new patients at all of his clinic locations for surgical evaluations and routine medical eye care.
Throughout his medical career Dr. O’Neill has enjoyed participating in multiple volunteer organizations including international mission work in Belize, and donating time at local charity eye care clinics and health fairs. He was chosen by state and national ophthalmology societies as part of a select group of young ophthalmologists to promote improvements in eye health both nationally and internationally. He has authored multiple scientific papers and abstracts, and has presented his research both locally and nationally.
Dr. O’Neill grew up in Minnesota, and enjoys practicing ophthalmology in his home state. In his free time he enjoys spending time with his family, playing piano, travel, sailing and alpine skiing.
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Undergraduate: University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
- Medical Degree: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Internship: Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Residency: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Chief Resident