Marshall H. Everson, M.D.
Dr. Everson is continuously selected as one of the premier eye specialists in the Twin Cities area and is recognized nationally for excellence in refractive surgery. One of the region’s most experienced refractive surgeons, Dr. Everson specializes in anterior segment surgery, including LASIK vision correction and cataract surgery with intraocular lens implantation. He has also frequently been named a Minnesota Top Doc over the course of his career.
Still an occasional hockey player and proud hockey dad, Dr. Everson has been a longtime supporter of youth hockey across Minnesota and an advocate for eye safety in athletics. He is also cofounder of Hockeydocs Charities, created in 2001 to help raise money for needy causes across the state and a major donor to Minnesota Special Hockey.
Dr. Everson has also performed cataract surgeries in remote hospitals in Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama in association through VOSH International, Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity.
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- Undergraduate: St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota, Cum Laude
- Medical Degree: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Alpha Omega Honor Society
- Internship: Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona
- Residency: Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Additional Surgical Training: Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, England
Dr. Everson provides care at the Edina Eye offices in Burnsville, Edina and Shakopee.