Mohit A. Dewan, M.D.
Raised in Rochester, Minnesota, Dr. Dewan returned to the state after completing the highly competitive and prestigious fellowship in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery in Albany. A specialist in eyelid disorders, he is also a leading expert in tearing conditions, periocular trauma and periocular tumors, including skin cancers as well as orbital fractures and lacrimal disease. Dr. Dewan also offers full-service periocular cosmetic procedures, including eyelid lifts, brow and forehead lifts, lower eyelid surgery and cosmetic injectables such as Botox and fillers. He has published several articles on eyelid disorders and periocular disease, and has also authored multiple book chapters on eyelid surgery.
Dr. Dewan maintains an interest in medical education. He has presented research at national meetings and was awarded the Golden Apple for best teacher in the ophthalmology department at Albany Medical College. He is also an accomplished chef.
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- Undergraduate: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Biology
- Medical Degree: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Internship: Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Residency: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Chief Resident
- Additional Surgical Training: Fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Albany, New York
Dr. Dewan provides care at the Edina Eye ofﬁces in Edina, Burnsville, Shakopee, Chaska.