Jafar Hasan, M.D.
Dr. Hasan is fellowship trained in pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus with expertise in the medical and surgical care of eye diseases in children and adults. He specializes in strabismus (eye muscle misalignment) and performs strabismus surgery on adults with eye muscle problems. He is also a specialist in amblyopia (lazy eye), tear duct obstruction and other pediatric conditions. Dr. Hasan sees children and adults for routine eye examinations and welcomes new patients.
After completing his ophthalmology residency, Dr. Hasan received specialty training in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus at Baylor College of Medicine – Texas Children’s Hospital, which is consistently ranked one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country. He has also authored several articles concerning pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus and has lectured extensively to primary care doctors, optometrists and other ophthalmologists.
He also volunteers his time and talent to help the disadvantaged and runs a free community eye clinic.
- American Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- Undergraduate/Medical Degree:University of Kentucky
- Residency:University of Kentucky
- Additional Training:Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children’s Hospital
Dr. Hasan provides care at the Edina Eye ofﬁces in Burnsville, Chaska, Edina, Elk River and Shakopee.