Scott T. Schaefer, M.D.
With a reputation that covers the metro area, Dr. Schaefer provides his patients with general ophthalmology services, as well as common and specialized surgical procedures. One of the area’s leading cataract experts, he performs deluxe cataract implant surgery, refractive surgery and laser treatment for glaucoma.
Dr. Schaefer is an adjunct assistant professor of ophthalmology at the University of Minnesota Medical School and a former surgical instructor at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Minneapolis. He also sees patients for routine eye care and specialized treatment.
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Former President, Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- President, Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology Foundation
- Undergraduate: DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana, Cum Laude
- Medical Degree: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Internship: Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Residency: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Chief Resident
Dr. Schaefer provides care at the Edina Eye ofﬁces in Burnsville, Edina, Elk River, New Prague, Princeton and Shakopee.