John P. O’Neill, M.D.
Dr. O’Neill practices comprehensive medical and surgical eye care including cataract and refractive surgery, glaucoma management, diabetic eye care and medical macular degeneration. He is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Department of Ophthalmology residency program where he served as chief resident. He specializes in the most up to date surgical cataract procedures including laser-assisted cataract surgery and multifocal intraocular lens implantation.
Throughout his medical career Dr. O’Neill has authored multiple scientific papers and abstracts, and has presented his research locally and nationally. He was chosen by state and national ophthalmology societies as part of a select group of young ophthalmologists to promote improvements in eye health both nationally and internationally. Dr. O’Neill has also been named as a Top Doctor “Rising Star” by Mpls/St. Paul Magazine, which recognizes outstanding physicians practicing in their field for 10 years or less.
Dr. O’Neill grew up in Minnesota, and enjoys practicing ophthalmology in his home state. In his free time he enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, playing piano, traveling, sailing and alpine skiing. He is currently accepting new patients at all of his clinic locations for surgical evaluations and routine medical eye care.
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Undergraduate: University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
- Medical Degree: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Internship: Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Residency: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Chief Resident
Dr. O’Neill provides care at the Edina Eye ofﬁces in Edina, Burnsville, Shakopee, Chaska, New Prague, Princeton, Elk River.