Patients and Payments
Edina Eye strives to make comprehensive eye care convenient for its patients. Registering online provides key patient advantages, including the ability to manage your account online and to ensure that your visits are streamlined and productive. We look forward to serving you.
New Patient Forms
New patients are asked to download and print off the below forms, and bring these with you on your visit. We look forward to meeting you.
There are many ways to pay for your care at Edina Eye and we encourage you to call us and discuss your account if you ever have questions or concerns. You can also make your payment online here, or by conventional mail.
You can also call us for more information at 952-832-8100.
We cover a broad range of major health care plans in the Twin Cities area, but please verify your insurance coverage prior to your visit to Edina Eye. Here is a list of many of our insurance providers:
- Americas PPO / TPA
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- Health Partners
- Medical Assistance
- MN Care Prepaid Health Plans
- Patient Choice / Choice Plus
- Preferred Community Health Plan
- Preferred One
- Preferred One Administrative Services
- Private Health Care Systems
- Select Care
- Tri Care for Life
- Tri West
- UCare for Seniors
- United Health Care Labor Care / United Health Care
Please note we no longer participate with UHC Vision/Optum/Spectera.
Edina Eye is not a VSP (Vision Service Plan) Provider.
Partners in the Pursuit of Better Eye Health
At Edina Eye we get to know our patients and their conditions and provide better care because of it. But you can help yourself by learning as much as you can about your eyes. We’ll share with you all the data and analysis we compile through time and will help you understand the quality of your eye health. We also offer some recommendations below that will help you safeguard your vision and streamline your visit.
Caring for Your Vision
Regardless of age, prevention is the number one means of maintaining good vision. Wear protective eyewear when engaging in activities that put your eyes at risk. Wear sunglasses and avoid exposure to the sun.
People with a family history of vision problems often have vision problems themselves, as do people with diabetes in the family. People over the age of 40 are also more vulnerable to eye problems. If you have these or other risk factors, please let us know. Many serious eye conditions must be detected early to avoid irreversible vision loss. Have your eyes checked regularly — before problems occur.
You can learn much about your eyes online and through other avenues, but your ultimate resource is your eye physician. There is no substitute for the personal analysis of an eye doctor. At Edina Eye, our licensed, board certified physicians deliver world-class results with a personal touch. Please schedule an appointment today and trust your vision to the eye experts.
Preparing for Your Visit
We want your experience with us to be positive and productive. We know time is precious and we want to make sure your time with us is spent receiving the personal care you deserve. We pride ourselves on knowing each of our clients well and knowing their eye health history and other factors that determine quality eye care. To maximize your Edina Eye experience, please follow these steps:
- Please contact your insurance provider or review your plan documentation to confirm the benefits offered by your health plan
- Please verify co-payment amounts
- When reviewing your insurance information, determine if a referral authorization from your primary care provider is necessary
- If you haven’t already, please register with us online by clicking here
- Once registered, you can schedule your appointment online
- You can also schedule an appointment by calling 952-832-8110
- Please have your insurance information ready
- Before you visit, please read your privacy rights and let us know if you have any questions
What to Expect
- You’ll spend 30 to 90 minutes with us, especially if this is your first visit
- We’ll take the time necessary to learn about you and your vision needs
- Please bring a list of current medications, as well as your eyeglasses or recent glasses prescription
- Please pay your co-payment at your appointment (we accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa)
- We will call you to confirm your appointment
- Please call us if you need to reschedule